Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Analysis helping me with the next assignments.

The analysis talked about in class is helping me in all my visual assignments that I have to do for class. I now know what to look for in my clip. I can compare "Little Miss Sunshine" to what ever visual picture I want. I am probably going to choose some sort of movie for my next assignment.

The movie will either be really funny or really serious because those are the types of movies I like. I will probably choose either a clip from "Gladiator" or a section of a movie like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Both movies have plenty of rhetorical devices and they have lots of things to be analyzed. I will most likely use all the techniques we learned in class to help me with this assignment.

I will use the lighting, sounds, montage, and many other devices in my paper to properly analyze it. I will notice if the light is artificial or natural. This will probably depend on the scene. If the scene can be shot in natural light, they will probably will, otherwise they will use artificial light. Sounds can be distinguished simultaneously with the lighting.

Sounds are just as important as lights. Music is huge in movies. It gives the audience emotion. I good example of this is horror movies. The music supplies suspense. There are plenty of things a director can do with music to make a movie better. It all depends on their taste. Background noise is also noticed in movies. In "little miss sunshine," the audience could hear dishes in the background. This works well with the lights and other devices to make it sound like an ordinary day in an ordinary home. Montage, like sound, is another device used in movies that can be analyzed.

The montage is noticed in many movies, including "Little Miss Sunshine." They used the speeding up and slowing done of cut scenes throughout the clip we saw in class. This is just one form of montage. Some movies have many cuts, where as others have much fewer. It just depends how the director wants to use it in his movie. Cut scenes are also used to avoid cameras. If they did not cut scenes, a person could see all of the cameras in a scene, which would rune the aspect of them "being in the movie." All of these things I have learned in class (esp. all of the things about "Little Miss Sunshine") and they will all be very beneficial in my next assignment.

No comments: