Monday, February 12, 2007

5 person interview

I interviewed five of my friends to see the response I would get from the question "Do you think It's possible to take comics seriously?" I was expecting all of them to say no, but to my surprise, 3 out of the five said yes. The first person who said yes was one of my older friends from a different college. He basically told me that people should take them serious. He also told me that he had a class semi-based off of comics (so this helped his decision). The second friend I had cheated in a way. He knew that I had this class, and based on this, he decided that people should take comics seriously. He said, "If there is an academic class about comics, it has to be a serious subject." The third person who said yes did not really give me a good reason. He just said that he felt they should and that they can supply some good information. The two people who said "no" had completely different answers (as one might expect) from the ones above. They both basically said the same thing though. They said that comics are meant to be fun, not seen on an academic level. They said they can not take comics seriously. They have read them since they were small, and they cannot think of them in a serious matter. This interview was a good source of information and it was interesting to see what each individual had to say. In the end, I was surprised by the results, but impressed by their explanations.

No comments: