Monday, February 5, 2007

visual vs verbal

I would have to choose visual communication over verbal for a couple different reasons. I am the kind of guy who learns more if he sees things, rather than hears them. If I watch a demonstration of something, I get more out of it than if I went home and read a book on the same thing. This visual communication is seen through out my day. I rather see the professor write something done ( like notes) instead of hearing him or her lecture for the entire class period. I just retain more information when I see it. I also use visual communication more than verbal in my non-academic life. Watching TV is a good example of this. TV uses both aspects of visual and verbal communication, but visual seems to "stick out" more than verbal. I can see the television show without sound, but i can not pay attention if I can't see the show. So I can watch TV without hearing it, but I cannot listen to TV without seeing it. I can't pay attention if I am just trying to listen to the information. It is just much easier when I can see it. And that is the main reason I picked visual over verbal communication.

No comments: